Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year, New Promises and Renewed Efforts

Happy New Year!

Another year has come to a close and it's now time to sit down and think about what you are going to do different, or better this new year. 

I begin to think about all the items that still need to be done in education to help better meet the needs of my students. I think about my new personal adventure as a father in 2008.  I think about my continuing academic journey in my Doctoral program, at the University of Rochester. 

Before I continue looking forward let me just say that this year was another great year for myself. I have had numerous amounts and opportunities to help students at my school. I have been privileged enough to make connections with other professionals in  education who have the same passion and desire to create better opportunities for students as I do.  My wife and I also had the honor and privilege of receiving my son, Avery into this world. So in retrospect it was a great 2007.  

So what is in store for 2008? I am not sure but I do know that whatever it is I will make the most and best of any situation that may come my way.  Now this leads me to my resolutions for the 2008 new year.  

Here is a quick list of my manageable and realistic resolutions:
  • Be the best father I can be and do all the things that were never done for me by my father
  • Continue to do well in my doctoral coursework and ultimately get closer to completion
  • Continue to become a better school administrator, and continue to reflect and make changes where possible
  • Create new opportunities for my students, to help achieve their dreams in and out of school
  • Tell those in my family and circle of trust, that I love them as often as possible, and always remember that family comes first
Those are my top 5 resolutions for 2008, let us see how I do.

Have a great New Years Day!


¡Viviendo el SueƱo! (Living the Dream!)

Mr. Anibal Soler, Jr.
http://www.anibalsoler.com
http://anibalsoler.blogspot.com

No comments: