Sunday, December 9, 2007

Mr. Brizard, the time is now!


Mr. Brizard,

I want to be one of the first school level administrators to welcome  you to Rochester and the Rochester City School District.  As you are well aware of there are a multitude of problems/opportunities needing to be addressed in our school district. 

I want to tell you that there are a lot of hard working individuals at the building level that need to be recognized for their daily efforts.  These individuals range from custodians, paraprofessionals, teachers and administrative staff. 

From what I can tell you from my own experience the majority of individuals at the school level want a Superintendent who is truly about bringing some drastic positive change with the needed resources, accountability and  commitment to see them through.  We have been in limbo for quite some time now and the time is now to get back on track.

I am sure you have many ideas and initiatives you are eager to get in place when you arrive next month.  I hope you use your New York City experience to help make some real changes to Rochester.   Lastly I truly hope you surround yourself with individuals who are making this job as personal as you are, and understand that everyday we fail we lose more and more youth. 

Good luck! Your time is now!

Living the Dream!
Mr. Soler


No comments: