Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Lose of a Colleague

It saddens me to say that the search of William “Bill” Thurston, a Rochester City School Vice Principal, father, and mentor has tragically ended. This afternoon Police Officials have revealed that they have found the body of Mr. Thurston.

I unfortunately did not have the opportunity and privilege to meet Mr. Thurston, but from the reactions of the students he served at John Marshall High School, and the information I received from fellow district administrators he was an amazing, loving and caring man.

I cannot imagine the pain and suffering that his family, students and dear friends will face. The road ahead of them must be filled with the positive thoughts, memories and influence that he had on their lives.

There are many questions still left unanswered.

I want to take this moment and send my condolences to the Thurston family. I want the students at John Marshall High School, although extremely difficult too continue to succeed in the name of Mr. Thurston. It is important that his legacy be never forgotten and that students demonstrate this through their positive attitude and success.

Mr. William Thurston, you will be missed! Rest in Peace.

Living the Dream,
Anibal
www.anibalsoler.com

1 comment:

Jason said...

Mr. Thurston's death is certainly a tragedy to all of the students he touched and the family that I'm sure loved him. It is especially saddening to lose such a valuable member of the Rochester community in such a heartbreaking way. My prayers go out to his family, friends, and students.