Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A call for help



Dear Family, Friends and Colleagues,

You are all aware of my commitment and passion to serve my students in my role as their Vice Principal at Charlotte High School. I look to instill in all my students the courage, desire and perseverance to achieve their dreams regardless of whatever adversity comes their way.

Today, I encountered a call for help by one of my recently graduated male success stories.

His name is Jasper M. and in 19 years of life, he has encountered a multitude of adversity that so far he has been able to overcome. Although now, he is at a crossroads in his life with no direction or immediate family support to help him and has turned to me, and I am turning to you.

Jasper in the past 3 months has gone from high to low to uncertain. After various matters and hardship during his high school tenure, he was able to complete and graduate. During his final month, he was also able to apply to Genesee Community College and be accepted, although having some learning complexities. Shortly after graduating and being accepted to college, Jasper’s mother who was chronically ill passed away. Jasper is currently working fulltime at a local recreation center but the majority of his college savings was spent on his mother’s funeral, as he is the only other income in the house and his father is also deceased.

As of today, he has $50 dollars towards his college future and a minimal amount of belongings to take with him this Friday, August 24, 2007. This is where your help comes in to play. If you could spare $10 dollars, please feel free to donate at the PayPal site that I have setup for Jasper’s College Fund. Click on the button below; create a PayPal account and pay with a credit card. I would love to present him with a check in the amount of money raised to help him purchase food, school supplies, linens and many other items. Once again he leaves Friday. Thank you!















Living the Dream!
Anibal Soler, Jr.
www.anibalsoler.com

No comments: